Friday 13 September 2013

Happy September!

An August Review

It's been a pretty decent knitting month for me, the stupidly hot weather has died down and a designing bug has bitten me, not to mention a sewing one [that's sewing, not grafting!].

I've mostly been knitting on socks, finishing up 2nd socks so that single ones don't go friendless.

Designing

This month I've designed / knit up from my head a few things. I am thinking of writing up the patterns and having a little e-book or something like a pattern collection.

Happy Hoppy
When a pregnancy was announced I came up with a little character who could be in some cute little stories that could be told to future-child. When out in town I came across some gorgeous self striping baby yarn that was sweetly gender neutral and set about creating a secure baby toy with no small pieces and very little sewing.
I think I'll be writing up a pattern for this one definitely.  I am completely in love with it, my husband even did a quick drawing of it, which has inspired me!

She Sells Sea Shells
A sweet top down sock pattern which is so much fun to knit. I love the little garter sections, which aren't tedious at all, and they frame the main stitch pattern is simple yet effective.

A Basket Full
I've wanted to knit a toe up sock for a while now, but I actually rather enjoy grafting the toes on my socks, so I worked out a way that I could do both. It also gave me a better sense of how much yarn I can use in my socks to make them longer. It knits up to a pretty dense and toasty sock. It's a great pattern for self striping yarns too.

Snug
A great little cowl to make the most of that random ball of chunky yarn in your stash. So simple you can knit it with your eyes closed (trust me, I did).

Wonderhat
An interesting knit, steady repeating diamond pattern and a reverse stocking stitch crown makes a comfy, slouchy hat.

A Shawl a Day
The easiest, most simple triangle shawl to use up a random ball of gradient aran weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment