Sunday 14 July 2013

Hot hot hot

Hello peoples!

I don't know about you but I can't seem to finish anything lately, I just keep casting on! I think it must have something to do with this glorious weather we're having. I'm talking uncharacteristically hot.

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year, and oh boy I felt it. A walk that usually takes us 10 minutes from Ikea to home had us take a 10 minute pit-stop in the shade. So it's no real surprise that knitting hasn't been a top priority, although I have tried!.

I have 1.5 sleeves left to knit on a sock yarn cardigan, ribbing and cap sleeves on a sock yarn top. I had started the ribbing on a sweater that is the majority ribbing, but that's in DK and far too hot to work on right now. Socks are without partners, which I really ought to get off the needles so I can play with my Japanese stitch pattern book.

But my lovely husband hit me right in my weak spot, he bought me a Zauberball, not only that but a blue & green Crazy Zauberball that reminds me of Mike & Sulley from Monster's Inc and Monsters University (which we're going to see in an hour [yay]).

And, well, I've cast on a shawl with it, a little lace with garter and stockinette, so far I like it!

So, enjoy the uncharacteristically hot weather if you're in the United Kingdom, and I've heard of heat waves in other places! Remember to keep hydrated.

Until next time! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment