Tuesday 8 May 2012

A Year in the Making

Well, almost a year anyway.

Here I present to you Phil 'n' Lil!

No, I haven't given birth to twins, and what kind of person would name their children after characters in Rugrats? No, I have better namesakes for my future children thank you very much, like Grissom.

Phil 'n' Lil are socks!

Started in May/June 2011 whilst on holiday in Paignton, using the following yarns;

  • Stylecraft Life 4ply in Clover (Pink)
  • Stylecraft Special 4ply in Aspen (Green)
Basically I cast on 64 stitches onto 2.75mm needles, ribbed for a while then started the 5 rounds stripe pattern, worked the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up stitches and started back into the stripe pattern.

The first sock finished was 'Phil', the green featured one. This was the first 4ply sock I had knit, ever. Then I didn't cast on the second sock, until recently when I decided I should as I'd knit a few other pairs and felt I had a good technique going.

I can see the different in my stitches in 'Lil', it's rather obvious in the gusset, I think, as there isn't a hole like there is in 'Phil'.


They're comfy and snuggly, and I've always liked the idea of wearing odd socks, that also match! I love the colours together too, they just work so well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment