Friday 6 April 2012

Socks, socks, glorious socks.

Socks are fantastic to knit, why didn't anyone ever tell me this?

Wait, you did?

Why didn't I pay attention?

Well, I'm rather addicted now. This is the 3rd week I've been sock knitting, so I thought I'd show you the 2 pairs I've completed.



The red and green are from a Knit Now Magazine with Colinette booklet and are called Lace Panel socks. The yarn is King Cole Zig Zag in Rustic. I can't believe I managed to make them matchy matchy, I wasn't trying to.  The lace pattern reminds me of a dragon's spine.
I love this yarn and the best thing is I have a fair amount left over, at least half a ball.

The yellow ones are the Hermione's Everyday socks by Erica Lueder and knit in Regia 4ply from the Flusi the Sock Monster collection. I have very little of this yarn left, and the stripes go in opposite directions as the first sock was knit from the centre outwards.

I've enjoyed knitting these socks, and I'm looking forward to posting my latest pair on the needles, even if they look like clown barf.
I also have plenty of socks planned to knit!

Yay socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment