Monday 23 April 2012

Day One: Colour Lovers 3KCBWDAY1

Colour is one of our greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colours you buy and crochet or knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one colour. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdued tones. How much attention do you pay to the original colour that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell readers about your love or confusion over colour.
Yarns that became hexipuffs

I love love love colour! Which I think is rather funny considering a couple of years ago you'd only find me in black. A goth? I guess so. A greebo? Yeah.

But now? Colour, colour, colour! On my nails, feet, torso....hair..... I love colour!

My bee keeper's quilt is going to be colourful, so is the log cabin blanket I'm knitting.

I find it far easier to knit colourful accessories or softies rather than actual clothes. But I love colour change yarns, if it's rainbow or gradient. I find it fascinating how colours interact together, how they affect your mood and how they suggest mood.

                                                              Although not my fave. colour, I love a good gradient. 

I'm comforted by the fact that when I feel low I can grab a ball of colour changing/gradient yarn and my needles and knit magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment