A.K.A The Carrie Files #22
In conjunction with Owlie Sound.
This is such a fab jumper. I can't remember which episode it's from though, but I shall be re-watching the seasons soon! I need not tell you that I love knitwear, isn't it fab? The jumper Carrie is wearing appears to be a garter/reverse stocking stitch knit with a fab k2, p2 rib.
This is a similar jumper to a raglan I knit at the start of the year, probably don't need to tell you that Sarah Jessica Parker is a knitter either.
1. New Look £24.99
2. Matalan £18
3. Asos £30
4. Next £35
5. Topshop £42
1. I like the colours, the neck and the variated stripes but you'd really need a long sleeved top on underneath.
2. Nice natural tones stripes, in a nice chunky yarn by looks of it, what more could you ask for.
3. The effect of the yarn is wonderful, I love colour change yarns for this reason. It's ribbed throughout and really focuses on the one stripe on Carrie's jumper, hence it being included.
4. Be still my beating heart! How wonderful is this jumper? I think the blue really complements the rust tones and there isn't too much meaning it doesn't take over. The self striping yarn really works for this.
5. Trust Topshop to have a really similar jumper in colour, but it's not over the top colour and it works, I believe that these tones would suit anyone.
Jumpers and skinny jeans tucked into knee high boots is one great way to wear these jumpers, and given that knee high riding style boots are everywhere right now you really cant go wrong with this look.
Saturday, 26 November 2011
Friday, 18 November 2011
I started this yesterday afternoon whilst watching It's a Wonderful Life with my mom. The pattern is from issue 1 of Knit Now magazine and it's a chunky/bulky weight yarn.
I knit this for my fiance, and I'm going to fill it with chocolate and he can have it at Christmas.
I am knitting other things and I'm really bad at this blog, so I'm sorry.