Tuesday 10 August 2010

Weekend Tales

Well I've just finished a short scarf. I'm calling it my Luna scarf, it has a pretty 'lace' pattern and I rather like it. I'll talk about it more once I have a photo for it.

Over the weekend I discovered a little yarn shop in Wolverhampton that I never knew existed. So naturally I entered....and bought. I got a nice pack of stoney coloured yarn (500g) for little over £5, I was very impressed. Then I splurged the same amount on one ball of beautiful yarn, as I'm a sucker for self striping. This is a wonderful little yarn shop and I realise where I'll be spending my time after uni is done for the day! Such a lovely selection of yarns, I'm going to have to sample bamboo yarn.

But finding this yarn shop does not mean I wont be purchasing at Allsorts in Wednesbury. That's my local store, that I can pop in at the weekend and just instantly find the perfect finishing touches to a project.

There's also a yarn store in Birmingham's indoor Market, the only negative to this one is that you can smell the fresh fish and meat and it does rather put me off.
I've given up on Helen's Haberdashery in Walsall, it just never seems to be open when I'm in town.

......................................................................................................................................................................
Today though I've done a little shopping, get some fresh jeans and a pair of boots to start my second year of uni! And also the fact that I turn 20 next month. So I had a mooch at what will be fashionable this winter, and WIN because I saw alot of knitted accessories! Berets seem a popular option this winter, and chunky socks. I have a feeling my socks and beret will match. Also Bohemian is the trend this Autumn, so knitting is perfectly incorporated!

Also planning a break with my boyfriend sometime soon, just to the coast, so if it's Autumn, we're going to need knitted things!

No comments:

Post a Comment